Transform your phone into an advanced remote controlled wireless security camera capable of streaming real time video content from the camera over WiFi/3G networks,timed snapshot (real time camera snapshots uploaded to either gmail or Picasa or saved to SD card at pre-configured time intervals), Picture/G-Sensor Motion Detection, video/audio recording, battery notification (monitor premises loss of power if device plugged into mains) and the ability to control the camera remotely from anywhere in the world and more. Supports Windows, Mac and Linux.
The diagram below provides a high level overview of the Cloud Spy Cam appplication.
The list below covers the features available in the first release of the application...
- Supports real time video streaming over WiFi and 3G networks. Either connect to the device over WiFi and use VLC to view content or use the free streaming server to stream real time camera video from the device over 3G networks. No third party included! The tools provide your handset to stream real time video content over 3G to a remote server for viewing. The remote server could be your home PC connected to the internet!
- Supports capturing timed interval camera snapshots and uploading the images to the Cloud. Configure Cloud Spy Cam to capture and send camera images to gmail or Picasa based on pre-configured timed intervals.
- Supports G-Sensor and Picture Motion Detection. On motion detection CloudCam will automatically send camera snapshots to gmail or Picasa, record video/audio and save to SD card or send to gmail or stream the device camera video to a remote server.
- Supports Video and Audio recording with options to either save video recording to SD card or email.
- New timing feature supports a 24 hour clock to control running tasks.
- Supports battery notification. Notifies using gmail when the battery status on the device changes. If the device is plugged into the mains, the device can detect a power failure from the mains and automatically email to notify.
- Supports secure remote control from anywhere in the world. The application can be controlled remotely using gmail to switch ON application features and change camera settings (i.e. zoom, turn camera flash light ON/OFF, adjust picture quality,switch on out-bound streaming...any many more). Once a message has been processed by the application an email acknowledgement is sent in reply detailing the current configuration of the CloudCam application.
- Supports in-built HTTP server to provide browser access to the following CloudCam functionality...
- Update CloudCam configuration and view motion/snapshot JPEG images from your favourite browser.
- Access to HTTP JPEG and MJPEG streaming resources.
- Download streaming server application. The streaming server application captures streaming video from the handset 3G network for viewing locally on your network through a media player (VLC). The streaming server application is not required for WiFi networks.
- Advanced performance settings to cater for long surveillance operations and limited power.
- CloudCam runs as a background service and does not interfere with other running applications.
- CloudCam processes all internal errors and presents a user interface to resolve the error. An example would be if CloudCam was setup to upload images to Picasa and the phone is not connected to a WiFi or 3G network. In this scenario CloudCam would catch the communication failure to Picasa and inform the user to turn ON either WiFi or 3G.
- The application has been tested across a range of Android handsets/devices using a set of strenuous tests. The CloudCam application will stream content for as long as the battery lives! If the Android device is connected to a power supply, the CloudCam application will stream forever!
- Streaming server (see download instructions) supports automatic presentation of real time streaming video content from the handset to waiting streaming players like VLC. Multiple streaming servers can run in parallel on a single server servicing multiple CloudCam devices. This means multiple CloudCam devices can be viewed from a single source.
The application provides a range of features to service a variety tasks in everyday life like security camera, home/workshop/office/lockup monitor (motion detection - video stream or send automatic notification email with image attachement's when device is moved), baby/grand parent/pet monitor, hydroponic grow monitor/fishtank monitor (auto alarm on premises power failure and email regular snapshot images or stream video to remote server), surveillance (device can be configured to email camera snapshots at predefined intervals or stream real time video over WiFi/3G), travel picture buddy (switch on Snapshot mode to automatically capture snapshot images of your travels from your handset and upload directly to gmail or Picasa to share with your friends), stream multiple CloudCam cameras over WiFi/3G and control/view from a single source and monitor, morse code (turn ON/OFF the handset camera light remotely), wildlife nature watching...
Please note the CloudCam application can also transform your Android WiFi tablet into an advanced remote controlled wireless camera.
For detailed instructions click here.
Example CloudCam application images
The following images provide an overview of the CloudCam application running on an Android device.
Main application screen showing server running. Scroll position 1.
Main application screen showing server running. Scroll position 2.
Main application screen showing server running. Scroll position 3.
Main application screen showing server running. Scroll position 4.
Main application screen showing server running. Scroll position 5.
Main application screen showing server running. Scroll position 6.
Configuration screen 1.
Configuration screen 2.
CloudCam HTTP internal web home page.
CloudCam HTTP internal web configuration page.
Example CloduCam notifications.
CloudCam running in the background as a service.
CloudCam error display screen.